Friday, May 4, 2007

Departure Day

May 3rd came up quickly! I am writing from the Amsterdam airport where I have another four hours until my flight leaves for Accra. It is 9 am here in Amsterdam (midnight at home). I left Victoria at 7 am yesterday morning, had a brief lay-over in Toronto, and just got off the 7+ hour flight to Amsterdam. The flight to Accra is about six and a half hours and I'll go back a few time zones again. Amsterdam is 9 hours ahead of Victoria time; Accra is 7 hours ahead (I think). I'll be in Accra at 6 pm tonight (that'll be 11 am Victoria time).

I think I spend one night in Accra before taking a 3 hour bus ride west along the coast to Cape Coast. In Cape Coast, I'll meet the Sampson family and Maira (the other volunteer staying with them). By the end of the weekend, I will be officially introduced to my home for the next two months!

No comments: