Thursday, April 26, 2007

In one week...

In exactly one week I will be sitting on a plane heading away from Victoria. I have a lot to do before then.

In my last post I briefly described my accommodation and placement for my time in Ghana. Two volunteers typically stay with a local family together. By chance, I just discovered the identity of this other girl a few days ago. In an amazing demonstration of what a small world it is, my roommate happens to be another Oak Bay girl who I played softball with when we were little and who played on a Bays soccer team (the Lynx) with my sister. Nicole Hartwig is also Jessie's (Hugh's sister-in-law) cousin. What are the chances of that?! Nicole arrives almost two weeks after me and will be working in an orphanage in Cape Coast until the middle of August.

Well, I'm off to put a dent in my list of errands. Seven days and counting....

No comments: