Sunday, June 17, 2007

Sick Weekend

Well, Nicole and I had a fantastic weekend. We have both been pretty sick over the last several days and spent most of Friday and all day Saturday lying in bed. Nicole has had a brutal cold for the last week and added stomach problems to her ailments over the weekend. I was okay, minus my endless runny tummy, until I devoured a lot of fried rice on Friday night. I felt gross for the rest of the night and couldn’t get to sleep until after 4 am, when I vomited up most of my dinner. Puking into a bucket on the filthy bathroom floor definitely does not make my list of “10 best experiences in Ghana.”

Saturday was fairly miserable too. Nicole and I skipped what was supposed to be a day at the beach and spent our time in bed moaning about squashy duvets and chicken soup. The other volunteers continue to be great and thoughtfully came over on Saturday night for a surprise visit armed with digestives, fresh fruit, Sprite, and movies. We felt much better on Sunday and got one full lazy day at the beach.

No comments: